Since 1998, Sterling has worked with thousands of donors, charitable organizations and advisors to help clients achieve their philanthropic goals by Making Philanthropy Make a Difference.
Here is just a sampling of some of the organizations we have been privileged to serve.
The following case studies provide detailed information on how Sterling uses its Individualized Approach to provide Innovative Solutions that lead to Unrivaled Impact:
Advancing Cures in Epilepsy
Sterling was approached by a client whose daughter had been recently diagnosed with epilepsy and wanted to put his resources to work to help combat the disease. After considerable research and planning, Sterling helped him develop and implement a plan that would use his resources where they would have the most impact. With Sterling’s help, our client:
- Created the world’s largest epilepsy website;
- Founded a public charity whose sole focus is bringing new treatments to patients faster;
- Established a consortium of hospitals dedicated to conducting trials on new treatments;
- Developed a “Shark Tank” competition to encourage entrepreneurs to create new devices to assist those living with epilepsy;
- Implemented some of the first crowd-funding campaigns in the field.
Groundbreaking Pediatric Healthcare
After reading Sterling’s book, Managing Foundations and Charitable Trusts: Essential Knowledge, Tools and Techniques for Donors and Advisors, we were approached by a family who wanted to improve the lives of children in their community – particularly underprivileged children. Sterling worked with the family to create a foundation and develop a partnership with the children’s hospital in their area. Together, they provide groundbreaking pediatric medical and mental health programs to children in need. With Sterling’s help, our client has:
- Closed significant gaps in providing holistic pediatric care;
- Created a chronic disease program to identify and treat those with complex issues;
- Developed a new school advocacy program to meet the educational needs of children undergoing long-term care;
- Founded the first of its kind Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) program to provide psychological health interventions to children, their families and PICU staff;
- Established a pioneering school nurse program to provide continuing education on pediatric mental health issues.